Foster Cares Ltd believe in on-going personal and professional development of Foster Carers. With this in mind we provide a thorough, varied and comprehensive training programme which foster carers have the opportunity to access.
Foster carers are required to complete several mandatory training course sessions post approval. Which include:
- Safer care ,first aid, Safeguarding children, managing challenging behaviour
- Extensive training opportunities will cover a varied and wide range of topics responsive to carer need
- Carers will be expected to complete CWDC national standards within their first year of fostering
- Carers will also have the opportunity to undertake NVQ 3
- Mandatory training and specific training to individual foster carers will be identified in their Continues professional development plan.