At Foster Cares Ltd, we believe in the on-going personal and professional development of Foster Carers. With this in mind, we provide a thorough, varied and comprehensive training programme which foster carers have the opportunity to access.
Thus, foster carers are required to complete several mandatory training course sessions post approval.
These training sessions include:
- Safer care, first aid, Safeguarding children, managing challenging behaviour.
- Extensive training opportunities will cover a varied and wide range of topics responsive to carer need.
- Carers will be expected to complete CWDC national standards within their first year of fostering.
- Carers will also have the opportunity to undertake NVQ 3.
- Mandatory training and specific training to individual foster carers will be identified in their Continues professional development plan.